One often gets inspired by some people’s fashion looks. The demeanor in which they carry themselves is loaded with fascination. […]
Are you looking to write better content and improve audience engagement? Then you’re in the right place, as we’ve prepared tips to help you write content that will get tons of shares. Read on to find out how to create visually engaging and shareable content.
Table of Contents
Tips to Writing Shareable Content
Audiences on social media or any other platform are unpredictable. There is no 100% certainty on the type of content that will get likes and shares. However, your content must contain certain features to get the proper attention and increase its chances of getting shared.
Below are tips to help you write shareable content.
Identify Your Audience
You might have seen the words “Identify your audience” numerous times that it sounds like a cliche to you. But the truth remains that knowing who you’re creating content for would go a long way in helping you serve your target market. It would also help you get the shares you want.
In identifying your target audience, there are two keep things to note:
- Know Your Audience: Always ask yourself who makes up your audience. Suppose you’re targeting middle-aged homeowners. But teenagers make up a lot of the percentage of your audience, you’ll have ineffective results. When you post content on housing, for instance, you’ll hardly get any result.
Thus, you have to know who your audience is and what they want. Find out your audience preferences, taste, and inclination, and tailor your content in that direction. If you must get people interested enough to share your content, you have to stop shooting in the dark.
- Find the Niche of Your Audience: Your audience’s niche simply means finding what they are interested in. It includes what they are searching online, what topics they are engaging in, and so on. Your audience can’t be interested in online dating, and you’re writing movie reviews.
Not knowing your audience niche is the reason most contents get very little engagement. The content might be superb and well-written but would get very few clicks, likes, and shares. Thus, share what you have with the right people. Not only will you improve engagement, but you’ll also save valuable time and resources.
Use a Captivating Headline
A headline is as important as identifying your audience. In the online world, whether social or print media, a content’s worth gets assessed by the headline. The latter is what determines if people would click on it to see what it’s about.
As vital as this is, most people fail to pay attention to their headlines, especially on social media. Not giving headlines the attention they deserve is akin to shooting yourself in the foot. It’s like planning to build a startup without doing the groundwork that would attract investors.
What you will get are low click rates and very little or no shares. Hence, to come up with a captivating headline, ensure you consider the following:
- Relevance: Your headline must be in line with the subject discussed in the content. You can’t have content on the usefulness of hand sanitizer and then use a sports headline. Don’t use click-baiting headlines to attract readers. Once they see the content and the headline doesn’t match, they’ll be disappointed and avoid your posts in the future.
- Brevity: A long headline is unattractive. Make it as brief and concise as possible. The shorter it is, the better.
- Quantification: Quantify facts using numbers instead of words. Rather than writing “Seven,” use the number “7.” This way, readers know what to expect from the post faster.
- Power Words: They make your post more intriguing, which generates more shares. A good example of power words is “Best Tips.” Words like this make the writer sound intelligent and add credibility to the content.
Use Visual Aids
Visual aids convey information faster than text. Also, people are more likely to recall what they see than what they read. Visual aids add color to your content and get your audience’s attention.
A post stands a better chance at getting a click and share if it has some form of visual aid. It’s the reason why most businesses on social media accompany their post with videos or pictures. It could also be in the form of infographics or GIFs.
You can get several royalty-free images and videos online as long as you acknowledge the source. If you use non-royalty-free visuals, you should also acknowledge the source to avoid copyright infringement.
Create Shareable Contents
The one reason why many people do not get shares after posting is that it is not shareable. When creating content, have your audience in mind, and give them the freedom to share it when they want. One easy way of doing this is ensuring that the post is relevant to your audience.
If it is and solves a problem for them, they’ll share it with their family, friends, and colleagues without prompting. Additionally, if your post is on a blog, you can add social media buttons to make sharing easy. You can also add a call-to-action (CTA) at the end of the post to motivate the reader.
Simplicity is Everything
When creating a post is not the time to show the number of “Big” words you have in your vocabulary. Use simple words and tenses, and make the content easy for your audience to understand. To do this, use:
- Short words and phrases
- Active words
- Short and simple paragraphs
- Easy sentence structures
In the advertising world, referrals play a key role in product sales, and getting shares on your content is one way to get referred. Thus, use the tips we discussed in this article, and see your content start getting tons of shares.
These days building apps is on the high rise for both enterprises and non-programmers without any engineering efforts. In other […]
Relocating a commercial space or an office is not everyone's cup of tea. It involves a lot of technicalities and […]
It’s a well-known fact that both paid and organic media strategies can bring a certain level of success, but even […]
As a business owner, you should always be looking for ways to build up your reputation and brand authority. Having […]
Every business needs to manage money effectively well to be profitable, but non-profits need to be even more diligent due […]
Table of Contents Introduction:1: Powerlessness. 2. Install Plugins Selectively 3. Use proper Designs 4. Utilize HTML5 5. Make Your Route Simple & Obvious 6. Basic […]