Google has announced major improvements to Gmail on the web to help people be more productive at work. Here’s a quick look at how the new Gmail can help you accomplish more from your inbox.
The new Gmail web interface is Gmail’s biggest redesign, the new interface brings both a refreshed design and also a handful of new features (Keep, Calendar and more apps) The overall look is cleaner, Material Design-influenced.
There are new features.
The new Gmail design brings new features such as "confidential mode," email snoozing, better integration with other Google apps, Smart Replies like in Inbox, an improved offline mode and more.
We see some features like Suggested Reply, similar to what Inbox app offered before.
Another noteworthy feature is the new "confidential mode" which allows you to remove the option to forward, copy, download or print messages.
You can also make a message expire after a set period of time to help you stay in control of your information.
How to get the new design?
- Sign into Gmail on the web.
- In the top-right corner of the inbox, find the gear icon and click it.
- If it's made available for your account, you'll see an option for "Try the new Gmail" at the very top — click it.
- After a page reload, you'll have to click Next on the pop-up and then choose a view for your inbox.
- Click OK and you're using the new interface!
Note: If you want to go back to the "old" interface, repeat the steps above (step 2 and step 3)
Here's an extended version video by The Verge on the new Gmail and its features.
As always if you have any questions, feel free to contact us, our customer service team will be happy to assist you.
Happy Gmail-ing 🙂